Care Assistants, Care Homes- Halton
Various contracts available to suit your preference, £9.62-£9.81 per hour (plus additional allowances including premium pay supplement of 9.16%)
Days shifts - various hours available
Halton Borough Council are looking for individuals who are passionate about providing care for elderly residents within one of our care homes. You will need to be able to work as part of a team but also work autonomously at times if needed. Ideally you would have experience of working within a care home setting however full training will be given.
- Millbrow Care Home is a 44 bedded Nursing home situated in Widnes.
- St Patricks is 40 bedded Nursing home situated in Widnes.
- St Luke’s is a 56 bedded Nursing home situated in Runcorn
In return for your commitment you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- A full training and development package. You will be actively supported and encouraged to build on your skills and knowledge.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Access to a generous pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme, administered by Cheshire Pension Fund). For full details, see www.cheshirepensionfund.org.uk
- Employee uniforms
From 11 November 2021, The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities)(Amendment)(Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 require registered persons of all Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered care homes (which provide accommodation together with nursing or personal care) to ensure that a person does not enter the indoor premises unless they have been vaccinated against COVID-19. You will not be eligible for employment or continued employment in such a setting if you are unable to evidence to your employer/prospective employer that you have either been vaccinated with the complete course of doses of an authorised vaccine (including booster doses); or that for clinical reasons you are medically exempt from vaccination.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact the following:
Jayne Adamson on 0151 511 6584
Karen Graham on 0151 511 7439
Sandra Prendergest on 0151 511 5344
Please ensure you refer to the attached Person Specification when completing this application form. Your personal statement should address how you meet each point in the Person Specification in terms of your skills, knowledge and experience.
Interviews will be held on the 29th Oct and/or 1st Nov
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs. Please fully complete the on-line application form.