An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our agile and resourceful team based in Runcorn. We are looking for a Clerical Officer who enjoys working in a varied and busy environment and has previous office experience.
You will be based in an administration team providing support to front line staff delivering Council services across the Borough and you will be flexible to provide support to other teams as necessary.
You will be responsible for carrying out a wide range of general office tasks, you should have IT experience, knowledge of Microsoft Office products and be able to work to deadlines.
Ideally you will be educated to GCSE standard Grade C or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English, and have an awareness of maintaining confidentiality in the course of the job.
The main duties of the role are:
- To maintain both manual and electronic filing systems to enable up to date and accurate information to be retained and retrieved.
- Respond to telephone enquiries and take messages for officers as appropriate.
- Experience of using and inputting data into databases.
- General administrative support to customers of the shared service including handling queries filing and photocopying.
In return, we can offer:
- Excellent career progression
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- Generous annual leave entitlement
If you think you may be the Clerical Officer we are looking for, and would like an informal chat about the role, please contact Sharon Johnson 0151 511 7060 (If I am unavailable please leave a voicemail and I will get back to you).
Interviews will be held on Friday 20 September 2019.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs. Please fully complete the on-line application form.