We seek to appoint a Participation and Inclusion Officer to work closely with our Children in Care and Care Leavers service. You will be responsible for ensuring that the views of these young people are sought and reflected in the way that services are developed and delivered across the authority. Co-ordination of the Children in Care Council and Care Leavers Forum will be a key focus of the task, alongside informing the department’s policies and contributing to staff recruitment and training.
The successful candidate will be
- appropriately qualified holding an NVQ 3 Children and Young People or equivalent
- experienced in working with children and young people in a relevant setting
- have a good understanding of children in care and care leaver issues
- have excellent communication and engagement skills
- have an understanding of safeguarding
- have an understanding of IT and administrative systems
- have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from a range of agencies
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Sarah Riley, Principal Manager on 0151 511 8618.
Previous Applicants for this post are kindly asked not to re-apply for this position.
Interviews will be held on 20th September 2019.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs. Please fully complete the on-line application form.