An exciting opportunity has arisen within Halton Borough Council’s Care Home division.
We are looking to recruit a dedicated, innovative and experienced individual as our new Principal Manager. As a senior manager within the Divisional Management Team you will oversee the operational management of multiple Care Homes within the Borough.
With previous managerial experience within a social care setting, you will have proven people management competence. Possessing the relevant skills and knowledge to manage the services; you will ensure that the highest quality of standards are being met in line with CQC requirements; providing direction and support to operational managers where necessary.
As a strong relationship builder you will work across internal departments and with external partners to ensure that there is a robust approach to the management of the Care Homes as they continue to develop.
As Principal Manager you will positively support, encourage and motivate Registered Managers to develop and maintain their services whilst delivering objectives of the highest standard. You will lead the team with the continued development of quality assurance processes ensuring outcomes are achieved and that interventions and direct work undertaken within the homes are of the highest quality.
You will support the Divisional Manager to ensure systems are in place to record data and performance of the service, and those who work within it, is accurate, efficient and of the highest standard.
- You will have strong people management skills and the ability to motivate and lead teams across a number of care homes.
- Working at a senior level, you will play a pivotal role is supporting senior care management is shaping the direction of Halton Borough Council care homes.
- With significant experience of working in Registered Services; you will possess a strong knowledge of CQC standards and ability to develop services that are compliant with such requirements.
- You have a proven ability to ensure service users are treated with respect and dignity at all times in every aspect of their life.
- You will be required to develop services in keeping with appropriate legislative frameworks, ensuring that person-centred principles underpin service delivery, utilising all resources effectively within allocated budgets.
- You have a proven ability to establish working relationships to benefit the Service users and their families.
- You also need to have proven experience working in a Multi-disciplinary team, working as part of a wider team to deliver the best outcomes.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, car user allowance, up to 33 days holiday, a flexible working week, access to the Local Government Pension scheme and free parking. We also offer a range of training and development opportunities to support your professional development.
Halton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the health and wellbeing of vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Jane English, Divisional Manager on telephone number 0151 511 8043.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 18th February 2020.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs. Please fully complete the on-line application form.